Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Felt Nativity Ornament

The idea came from Pinterest.  Of course.  Like many of you, I find all kinds of clever and inspiring ideas on Pinterest.  But for once, instead of just pinning that idea, I actually took it and made my own version.

Mary is standing in my version, and I gave her a head scarf. 

I sketched it out on paper and then traced around the "parts" for my pattern pieces.  


A loop of jute was sewn between the layers so that the ornament can be hung around a doorknob or on the tree.  Don't ask why I tied knots in the jute.  It just happened.  :)

And then I made, not one, but two.  
One to keep and one to give away to a special friend.  




9 comments:

  1. Very cute! I really like your version much better than the original ornament!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Tammy!;) Very nice ornament!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's adorable and very well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How darling - very nice work and a great addition to your tree.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love them! Absolutely adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your nativity ornaments. I think I will put that on my list for next Christmas - I usually try to make an ornament for each of our children (mostly grown with 2 grandchildren now), but that just didn't happen this year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your Nativity ornament, the colors are perfect. I'm going to get some felt together tonight and try it.
    Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it! Let me know how yours comes out. :)

      Delete